Core Research Questions
1. What are critical features of instruction, assessment, and support strategies that promote authentic understanding, achievement, (and performance) for all students?
2. How have changes in schools of authentic inclusive learning affected the school and post-school outcomes (and their interaction) for students with disabilities (collectively and disaggregated) using frames of reference focused on equity, value added and accountability?
3. How do schools accommodate district and state outcome assessments, and how do such accommodations affect the participation in, reporting of, and validity of assessment?
4. In schools evolving toward authentic and inclusive instruction, what are the roles and expectations of stakeholders as they engage in planning for secondary and post-secondary experiences?
5. What contextual factors are required to support and sustain the development of secondary-level learning environments that promote authentic understanding, achievement, and performances for all students?
See Figure 2.
Research Institute on Secondary Education Reform for Youth with Disabilities
File last updated: February 7, 2003
Feedback, questions or accessibility issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2002 The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.